Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cthulhu ABC's

So I am starting the planning phase for a Kickstarter for my new project: "Cthulhu ABC's". I am currently doing my homework, ie: reading source material, books, and relevant articles, studying successful Kickstarter campaigns, crunching the numbers, getting quotes from printers, having conversations with artists and friends who have traveled this path, doing promotional artwork while completing the writing, and starting the buzz up on social media sites, notably my Kennon James Illustration Facebook page (here).

The book itself has been in the works, on and off for about 5 years. I remember sitting behind my table at a convention in Dallas when I came up with the idea and started jotting ideas down on a yellow legal pad. Since then I have written and rewritten most of the text that will be in the final book.

 While a Cthulhu/Lovecraft inspired ABC book may not be the most groundbreaking original idea ever, I have really enjoyed writing and illustrating it and think some other fans of the genre may enjoy my take on it too. Besides, more Lovecraft in the world is a good thing.


Over the next several weeks (and months?) I will post updates to the book and progress reports and will hopefully launch the Kickstarter soon to help fund the book and bring it into reality. I hope you follow me on this journey.

-Kennon
August 2013


No comments: