Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Octopus Sculpture - WIP 1


So I have a spot above the TV in the living room about 5' x 3' that needs filling and have had an idea to do an octopus sculpture for awhile now to fill it. I have a propensity towards octopi so it makes perfect sense. So after much mental deliberation I actually got down to working on it. This is my rough sketch to get my basic shapes down. I didn't do much work on the tentacles in the rough as I'll just let them take their shape as I sculpt. I had an old sculpture in the garage that I was doing nothing with and had a pretty good form already so I sawed it in half and recycled it to get the form I have now. This sculpture should go relatively fast, as unlike my other sculptures, isn't covered in 1000+ scales.

3 comments:

Sarah Frary said...

This...

..is going to be so effin' awesome.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure it will be tremendous, like everything else! you have to stop raising the bar you know...

Pat said...

WHAT HAPPEND TO MY FRIEND K9